The $100Mouse Hunt

Postings about fun in the sun on the run.
$100Mouse
Active Poster

The $100Mouse Hunt

Postby $100Mouse » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:00 pm

Note: The Mouse Hunt was started in July 2005 so it is going to be fired up again during the month of July 2007..
-------------------------------------------------

$100Mouse Hunt Game

1st TAAG cacher to find the $100Mouse= A crisp $100 bill
2nd TAAG cacher to find the $100Mouse=A crisp $50 bill
3rd TAAG cacher to find the $100Mouse=A crisp $20 bill
4th-10th TAAG cacher to find the $100Mouse=A $2 bill (uncirculated)

*First, let me say this game is our own and is not sanctioned by or supported by Geocaching.com and is only supported by TAAG. The Mouse Hunt is not logable at G.C. but there is a “$100MoneyMouse” TB that is logable for all who make the hunt.*

(The game may be adjusted as needed.)

Here are the rules and the way the game is played:
By random drawings of 4 lettered tags (N-S-E-W) I will place myself, (the $100Mouse) at a location starting with the 4 sections of Arkansas that I have divided by drawing a north/south east/west line through the golden dome of the State Capital Building in Little Rock, then draw again to determine a section within that section, etc. until I'm left with a small section of places to choose from. You will find the drawing order that determined the exact location in each mouse hunt report and if you are logged in you can even see a picture of the mouse tags in another posting below this one. I've started bringing the tags and map I use to the hunts so if you would like to see how it is done just mention it at a hunt. I will be at that location for the 3 hrs of game time.

The hunt will be posted to this thread at 7 or 8:AM at least one Saturday each month (The time fluctuates with season).

***Only one cash prize is allowed per driven vehicle.***
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rule changes as of 7-12-2009

Who can hunt the $100Mouse:
To be eligible to hunt the Mouse you don’t need anything, the exact location of the mouse is posted to this public forum for everyone to see, but to claim the prize money for catching the $100Mouse you will need to get your ID registered for the hunt before the membership list is printed up on the Thursday before the hunt. To register your ID just send the name and city you want your ID registered to vie email to BackpacknJack at Yahoo or Gmail or PM from the site or send it vie Google Chat.
Only one name can be registered for each ID and that legal ID must be with you at the hunt location to claim any prize money. To protect your privacy, your real name and city will only appear on my printed membership list plus it will be encrypted using 128 bit encryption on my computer.

Team ID's:
Team ID’s are perfectly exceptable for geocaching and for being a member of the site but that team name must be registered to only one person for the purposes of the hunt and that person must be present.

Exceptions to the rules:
To protect the mouse hunters and maintain the integrity of the game there will be no exceptions to these rules so Register a legal name with your site ID by email or PM or chat and Show that legal ID at the hunt.

*If your membership ID does not have a legal name listed/registered with it on my printed list you will not be eligible for any of the prizes for finding the $100Mouse* but you will still be welcome to join us.

Summation of the hunt:
Catch the $100Mouse within the 3 hours of allotted game time, show the ID you registered, get the money and or prizes you won, get caching information for the area. :)

You may hunt as often as you wish and win as many times as you can.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Posting of the hunt.

You will only be given the mouse location as The section (SE,NW,etc), The difficulty (0-5 or 4X4 (0 is handicap) and the coords. The posting, from “$100Mouse” to this thread, will look something like this: “The $100Mouse is at SE(3) N 34*26.888 W 092*07.213. (And maybe if it is child and/or pet, etc. friendly).
The $100Mouse may be setting in a small town McDonald's, a park, on top of a mountain, at a rest stop, or maybe a vista in the Ozarks, the section and sections within that section and sections within that section will randomly change (drawn from a bag each time) so everyone should have an equal chance to win the cash and/or prizes. *If you find the Mouse you are perfectly welcome to see how it is done and even try your hand at picking the next location (just for fun of course)*

*All cash not awarded remain my property and will help keep me in coffee and DR Peppers for those 3 hrs.* Sometimes I may sub prizes of about equal value like GPSrs, walking sticks, backpacks, etc., all at my discretion, maybe with, but maybe without notice, deferring mostly to cash

Thanks to "SpankytheWizard" for designing and donating the Mouse logo for the hunt.
Last edited by $100Mouse on Mon May 21, 2007 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fun in the sun on the run
SANCHO

Postby SANCHO » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:12 pm

WHoah ! Dude ! Way cool ! I am up for that !
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
rhone

Postby rhone » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:25 am

I'll be ready to go! :D
SJClimber

Mouse

Postby SJClimber » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:19 pm

Ditto!! New site, new mouse game, what's next??? Onward, SJClimber
cachecrazies

Postby cachecrazies » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:07 pm

MOUSE HUNT!

We'll get our permit ready! And we're still willing to be posters if needed. 8)
BackpacknJack
Host

Mouse Tags

Postby BackpacknJack » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:36 pm

Here is how dat meese gets to your neck of the woods!
(ya gotta be logged in to see it)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scooter

Postby Scooter » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:55 pm

Sign me up....I'll chase mice
[img:0d71042c6d]http://www.devfolio.com/geocaching/statbar/logo.aspx?uid=7dbe39e5-992f-46df-93b5-e6d566b096fe&txt=Just+Cachin+Around&img=aga[/img:0d71042c6d]
Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much.
~John Wayne~
Ltfightr
New Poster

Postby Ltfightr » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:02 pm

We found the Mouse!! Hey Jack! Have they started yet? Let's GO!

Diana, Parker and William
BackpacknJack
Host

Firing up the Mouse Hunt Again

Postby BackpacknJack » Mon May 21, 2007 9:22 am

The first $100Mouse Hunt Game was held on July 23, 2005 at Pedestal Rock State Park near Pelsor (Hwy 7) so I think July would be a good time to fire it back up. It may be a slow start and maybe we don’t have enough TAAG members yet to participate and make it a fun hunt but ya gotta start somewhere so lets say the new beginning will be “some” Saturday, “some” where, this July.
---------------
A little $100Mouse Hunt Game history:
1st hunt was. July 23, 2005 @ Pedestal Rock State Park, Pelsor
2nd . Aug 27, 2005 @ Louisiana Purchase Marker State Park (A huge storm ran the mouse aground at Brinkley so it was held at the Mc Donald’s there)
3rd . Oct 8, 2005 @ Blue Springs State Park, Hwy 7 (A non-functioning septic system combined with zero winds that morning chased the mouse out of there (fast) and over to Gulfa Gorge Park. Having the coords to an alternative site already written down plus having a phone-a-poster friend standing by to do the posting saved the day this time also)
4th . Oct 22, 2005 @ Baugh Park, Redfield
5th . Nov 12, 2005 @ Arkansas Game & Fish Elk Education Center, Ponca (the center closed the day before the hunt because of illness so was held in nearby “Lost Valley”)
6th . Dec 17, 2005 @ Arkansas Museum of Natural Resources (oil & brine museum), Smackover
7th . Jan 28, 2006 @ Forrest L Wood Crowley’s Ridge Nature Center, Jonesboro
[This 4 month gap was because of family illness ]
8th . June 24, 2006 @ The Jot’em Down Store and Museum (Lum N Abner Show), Pine Ridge
9th . July 29, 2006 @ Burger King, Searcy (handicap access and sweet, sweet A/C :)
10th . Aug 26, 2006 @ Mc Donald’s , Eureka Springs (the arkgeo site crashed so the hunt could not be posted)
[as you can see from the picture of the bag and the Mouse tags that are drawn to choose the section, then drawn again to choose a section within that section, etc. plus from the history of where the hunt WAS Not Held because of........ even the mouse didn't know where it was going to be about half the time. It really is random and it really is a secret that even the phone-a-poster (if used) doesn't know until just a few minutes before posting time so everyone has the same chance. Even my brother "CowboyFloyd" who went with me on a hunt only knew we were spending the night somewhere and he would only know where the hunt actually was when we got there the next AM. All you need, to have the exact same chance as everyone else, is your ID on my latest printed copy of the TAAG membership list. If you want to go mouse hunting please go read the rules, it's the first posting on this thread. If you want to read some great stories about mouse hunting, go to the "arkgeo" site and read the mouse hunt stories.
------------
Have we got enough members to fire it back up? What y’all think?
Want to have some fun on the run in the July sun? Got cheese, wanna hunt meeses in July?
Last edited by BackpacknJack on Mon May 21, 2007 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dlyle
Very Active Poster

Postby dlyle » Mon May 21, 2007 11:06 am

Sounds like fun to me. Can't say I've ever hunted a mouse with a gpsr before :shock:
A man's got to know his limitations. . .
Dirty Harry
ar_kayaker
Top Rank Poster

Postby ar_kayaker » Mon May 21, 2007 11:24 am

July is a hot month, but mouse hunting isn't too strenuous. :)
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Mon May 21, 2007 10:22 pm

ar_kayaker wrote:July is a hot month, but mouse hunting isn't too strenuous. :)

:lol: Easy work during the summer months huh, because Big hairy Meese do seem to seek out cool A/C places to hide in the hot Arkansas summer months. :wink: I think the mouse will sign in and take the temporary hold off of the mouse hunt so we can dust off the ice chest and fill the tanks with some of this less then $4 gal gas.
Q
Top Rank Poster

Postby Q » Tue May 22, 2007 6:01 am

BackpacknJack wrote::wink: I think the mouse will sign in and take the temporary hold off of the mouse hunt so we can dust off the ice chest and fill the tanks with some of this less then $4 gal gas.

'Swhat I wuz thinkin'. If it is too far, it'll take a hunderd bucks in gas to get to it. My summers book up pretty bad... but I hope to work in a chase. Thank you sir!
Ltfightr
New Poster

Postby Ltfightr » Tue May 22, 2007 9:40 pm

YAY!! Very excited!
cachecrazies

Postby cachecrazies » Tue May 22, 2007 10:49 pm

We are fueled up and ready to go :D even at 4 bucks. its all fun.

Can't wait to meet the mouse again.

Go Jack Go

Return to “The $100 Mouse Hunt Game”