Google Earth

Discussions about caching in General.
BackpacknJack
Host

Google Earth

Postby BackpacknJack » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:36 pm

Any one else having trouble with Google Earth not displaying geocaches?
It says the link is disabled and when I click on [Geocaching Network KML] instead of activating the display feature it just sends me to the home office in Washington and an icon says the link is disabled. ???????? :?
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:50 pm

I just went to GC and checked out some caches in and around Laughlin, NV and the map/caches are displaying just fine at that end. I believe they are also google so...... :?:
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:13 pm

Never mind. I discovered that GC has turned off live KML in Google Earth and removed that featured download from your profile page. some will be able to use it for a few more weeks (maybe) and some will not. If you use it don't upgrade Google Earth or turn the geocaching.con kml feature off, because it will not turn back on, or at least that is the word. You will lose it anyway but not as soon and you will have a little time to prepare, not like me when I was planning a trip to Laughlin, NV and couldn't see how many caches were there. I felt like I had lost a friend or been kicked out of a club but at least I'm back on the ground now and not flying around in the clouds looking at geocaches and planning trips. :roll:
BPNJ? well he went tatta way :arrow: and he was low to the ground. :)

Return to “General Geocaching”