Geocaching footwear.

Discussions about caching in General.
BackpacknJack
Host

Geocaching footwear.

Postby BackpacknJack » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:19 am

The sport of Geocaching is done in all kinds of weather, all kinds of terrain, PNG’s or miles of hiking, any time of year, where in the same day you may be crossing creeks or climbing rocks, scrambling over logs or wading through waist high weeds, so what you have on your feet is very important.

So Geocachers, what is your favorite, one size fits all, foot wear?

The good - the bad - the ugly - of the footwear you have tried?

Lessons you have learned about your footwear?
grzz51
Top Rank Poster

Postby grzz51 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:42 pm

I have a pair of old hiking boots (2004 vintage) that I always wear. They are made from some kind of very tough synthetic fabric. They had many miles of hiking then many more of caching. I wish I could find another pair just like them, but alas, they were discontinued :cry:
dentful1
Very Active Poster

Postby dentful1 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:40 pm

If I prepare for a caching trip in the woods I have a pair of hiking boots. If I am going after caches that are all in the city, I wear a pair of sneakers.
ar_kayaker
Top Rank Poster

Postby ar_kayaker » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:44 pm

Sneakers are my general purpose wear, even when heading into the woods unless I know the terrain is extra tough or I am going in someplace over two miles deep. That's when I break out the serious footwear, a pair of well worn Durhams.

AK
B62GTAWK
New Poster

Postby B62GTAWK » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:31 pm

I have two pairs of Merrell's one isulated one not. I wear them everyday to work, geocache, hunt, you name it best shoes I ever owned. A bit on the pricey side but worth it.

Return to “General Geocaching”