Your first cache find and your online log (post it here)

Discussions about caching in General.
paris1time

Your first cache find and your online log (post it here)

Postby paris1time » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:05 pm

I was looking over my account tonight and thinking back to my very first find. It was GCTXGW Sunset from a Short Mountain on April 13th, 2006. I went back and read my very first online log and thought it would be neat to see the online logs for everyone's first find. I posted a photo on my first find online log of me with the cache container. I use that same photo now for my avatar on forums.

With the talk lately about online logs I thought that I doubt anyone out there has a SL for their first online log! Below is my first online log, please post your first online log here to share with everyone.

April 13, 2006 by paris1time

This was the first cache ddkds and I have found! We just started geocaching. We had a hard time finding it at first, but after I noticed that the coordinates in my GPSr were different than those on the printout from the cache we found it. I downloaded the waypoint and put it on my GPSr, so not sure what was up with that. We found the cache in good shape. We left a Mini-Magic 8 Ball and some silly putty. We took the bracelet left by BPSHideNSeek to have something to remember our first find. We took some pics and I have added them.
TFTC!
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:12 pm

RP & KG 1 [GC4FB6] by "Rusty & Kellie" hidden 4-21-02
---------
My online log 9-23-03:
"Got there to late yesterday (about dark) to look but saw a great sunset and had a nice walk. Liked the park, the trail, the history and the view of the Arkansas River. Was going to leave Bug Spray but we had to use it. We (LIL-SISTER and me)went back this AM because I wanted this cache to be our first find and thought my GPS was having way to much fun with me so I put it up and just looked at the places I thought it should be. Lots of traffic on the trail so we had to work fast. Great place, I will go back and explore some more.
T-Small Pillbox,L-Stainless Tire Pressure Gauge,SL, didn't have time to take picture. Thanks Rusty! You made it fun and I think we are GEOers from now on."
--------

Note:
I had already found some caches but hadn't decided if I liked this new hobby/game and if anyone else would like it, there was only 100+ caches in Arkansas placed by less then 75 geocachers from here and surrounding states and who knew if there would ever be any more, so I set up an account and talked my sister into trying it to see if she thought it was fun also or I was just nuts or I only enjoyed it because I had finally found a use for my GPS (bought in 1996) other then locating my truck or deer-stand in the woods when I already knew where they were.
BackpacknJack
Host

By the way.

Postby BackpacknJack » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:51 pm

By the way, here is my last log. This is 860 online logs later and still no TFTC's or SL's. I guess I'm just a slow learner maybe? ;)
----------
Cash Road and Woodland ............Caches off Cash [GC1EZZY] by "The GeoStashers" Placed 8-6-08

My online Log:
October 13 by backpacknjack (861 found)
"Had the opportunity to spend some time exploring the great new caches in this area and I will be back soon I hope to explore some
more and cache along Cache Road. This was a good location with parking and it would be my last of this trip. There were other caches
along this road but a broken down truck in the wrong spot, work crews in the wrong spot, muggles in the wrong spot, etc. has called
an end to this day of geocaching in Camden, Arkansas and it is time to head home.
Thanks for taking the time to place this cache and
the others in the area and along Cache Road.

Come visit us at "TAAG" - (visit link) - The Associated Arkansas Geocachers."

---------------
PS. Good Ideal for a thread "paris1time", I enjoyed looking back and revisiting my first finds and first logs.
Q
Top Rank Poster

Postby Q » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:53 am

My logs have evolved mucho also. While part of me wanted more in depth postings, at the same time I did not want to be too long or say too much. I fell into the "took this left that frame" for a few but got back to real logs. After reading several posts about the logs I started trying to personalize them a bunch more.

Memories of my first are still very vivid. The kids loved it, I sweated my shirt soaking wet on the 100 degree hike and had to change at the end, and my little one decided caches were just anywhere and everwhere as he often asked to "go look for a cache over there" at anyplace he thought looked interesting.
Q2
ouachita_stank

First Find

Postby ouachita_stank » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:04 am

Didn't know really what to say when I found it. Been doing this for only 4 or 5 days. Can't wait to gett a day off so I can spend the day geocaching. Already got 3 of my co-workers doing it. I will attempt to get them to joain TAAG too.

"This was the first cache that I have found. It was a GREAT hiding place and a lot of fun. Can't wait to find more!"
grzz51
Top Rank Poster

Postby grzz51 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:25 am

GCMT8G Batture by Jamie Z

Mz Grzz and my first find was on a nice June day that quickly became very warm. By the time we found the cache and hiked back to the cachemobile we were quite hot and tired.

My June 4, 2006 log read:
"Very good hide...this was my first find but my old and trusted Magellan 315 did the job"

When we started we had a Magellan 315 and a pocket notebook that I wrote all the info in. I bought the Magellan 315 in the early '90s and had to manually enter everything. Now with my Lowrance and a laptop with GSAK and Easy GPS things are MUCH easier
8)

Return to “General Geocaching”