Archiving Your Caches

Discussions about caching in General.
BackpacknJack
Host

Archiving Your Caches

Postby BackpacknJack » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:53 am

The "cachemates" archived some of their caches only so the new cachers in the area would have some places to place hides. I archived a cache because the land was sold and I couldn't get permission from the new owners.
How many caches have you archived and what were the reasons? Lost permission, no activity, muggled too often, couldn't keep them maintained, flying saucers kept landing there and messing up the cammo. etc.?
ar_kayaker
Top Rank Poster

Postby ar_kayaker » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:49 am

So far I've only archived one and that was because when it went missing I had determined that the area was a hang-out for teens smoking less-than-legal substances and I didn't want to draw people there anymore.
la-in-ark
New Poster

Postby la-in-ark » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:54 pm

I have only hidden my 6 caches starting this summer (August was the first) and so far they are holding up fine.

I was happy to be the recipient of a nice ammo container and the area when Cachemates did some archiving in Hot Springs. It was very generous of them.
tnt

Postby tnt » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:21 pm

When we moved here from San Antonio, we archived the remainder of our 17 caches there. Although we had offers of adoption, we felt it would be better to give others access to the areas we had placed them in such a cache dense area.
Michael & Rhonda (*TnT*)
flannelman

Postby flannelman » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:38 pm

I had to archive a couple due to a camper who thought he owned the entire COE campsite. My cache wasn't even in the camping area but cachers had to pass by it to get to the cache. I think this guy was strung out on something anyway from the way he behaved. I archived the caches to prevent this problem from happening again.
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:54 pm

flannelman wrote:I had to archive a couple due to a camper who thought he owned the entire COE campsite. My cache wasn't even in the camping area but cachers had to pass by it to get to the cache. I think this guy was strung out on something anyway from the way he behaved. I archived the caches to prevent this problem from happening again.

I PM-d you a story about one I'm trying to not have to archive.

Return to “General Geocaching”