Log Sheet Replacement Etiquette

Discussions about caching in General.
cupstack
Very Active Poster

Log Sheet Replacement Etiquette

Postby cupstack » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:30 am

I have come across a few micro caches where the log sheet is too full or too wet to sign. It seems the thing to do is to add a log sheet. But what if the cache container is too small to accommodate both the new log sheet along with the one that is too full or too wet - what is the protocol on what to do with the old log sheet?
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:05 am

Good question and I don't know how anyone else deals with it but here is what I try to do about it. I try to carry small and micro zip bags because zip bags get ripped easily and often need replacement. I try to carry small log sheets because micro logs can fill up fast but even though I have spent lots of time drying out logs, I have never removed any and just report the problem in my online log.
Here is what GC says. >Cache Maintenance LINK<
quote from GC:Cache Maintenance
The cache owner will assume all responsibility of their cache listings.
The responsibility of your listing includes quality control of posts to the cache page. Delete any logs that appear to be bogus, counterfeit, off topic, or not within the stated requirements.
As the cache owner, you are also responsible for physically checking your cache periodically, and especially when someone reports a problem with the cache (missing, damaged, wet, etc.). You may temporarily disable your cache to let others know not to hunt for it until you have a chance to fix the problem. This feature is to allow you a reasonable time – normally a few weeks – in which to arrange a visit to your cache. In the event that a cache is not being properly maintained, or has been temporarily disabled for an extended period of time, we may archive or transfer the listing.”
OEnavigator
Very Active Poster

Postby OEnavigator » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:32 pm

We carry extra log sheets also, as well as the little baggies. If there isn't room for the new log or it's just too nasty to dry out the old one we'll just post a needs maintenance and scratch an X on it. Or put a sticker on the container.
la-in-ark
New Poster

Postby la-in-ark » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:51 am

I found one like this today. I also keep extra baggies and log books/pages in my bag. This one had room for new pages in a baggie so I added it to the cache.

Return to “General Geocaching”