Terracaching

Discussions about caching in General.
OEnavigator
Very Active Poster

Terracaching

Postby OEnavigator » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:46 pm

Has anybody tried Terracaching? We've been trying it out for a couple weeks now and really like it. There are very few physical caches in Arkansas but we've had a blast with the locationless ones. We're still newbs and never hunted that type on GC.com. I'm thinking about hiding a Terracache in our area and seeing how it goes.
Just curious as to anybodys likes or dislikes about the site.
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:28 am

I think the link below is a nicely written basic Terracaching 101 for those who have never heard of terracaching and have no ideal as to how it is set up. You will need more then this page to truly understand the levels and rating system etc but it should give you some clue as to whether you want to get involved or not and seek sponsors. There are many games played with a GPS so if you ever get bored with or fed up with the one you are playing you do have other options.
http://www.oconnellz.com/caching/TC_101.htm
cupstack
Very Active Poster

Postby cupstack » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:57 pm

I have heard of terracaching.com and it appears it is another geocaching site that was started because they did not like the way they "played" and the "rules" at geocaching.com. Another site that was started for similar reasons is navicaching.com.

Instead of rules and guidelines that geocaching.com uses, your 'sponsors' approve the caches you hide. If they approve 'bad' or 'inappropriate' caches, it affect their overall ratings. Other players rate your caches and based on these ratings, your cache will be popular or archived (in the case your cache is found to be in poor taste).

I have signed up and hope to be 'sponsored' soon so I can find out more about this site (how the operate, number of caches in Arkansas, etc.).

I'll keep you guys posted on how it is going.

Return to “General Geocaching”