Long distance traveling.

Discussions about caching in General.
ar_kayaker
Top Rank Poster

Long distance traveling.

Postby ar_kayaker » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Anybody have a TB they want to put a lot of miles on?

I'm going to Japan via Seattle, WA next month and of course I'm going to hit caches in both locations. I'll only have a 16 hour layover in Seattle and will spend some of that time sleeping (maybe) and some general sight-seeing, but that still leaves time enough to hit a cache or two near either the hotel or the airport.

In Japan I'll be mostly sight-seeing, but I'll have maps and caches loaded in the GPSr and will be sure to hit at least a few.

It's 1700 miles to Seattle and something like another 4000 to Japan so I can rack up some serious miles on a bug with a milage goal and/or can leave one there that wants to travel internationally.

Just post a message saying where I can pick the bug up from and I'll try to get there before I leave.

AK
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:43 pm

Dad-gummit I used my last tag on the moneymouse TB or I would just tag me.
I haven't traveled 5,700 miles since waaaay back in June and I'm getting antsy. :lol:
Say, why don't you swing by New Zealand and pick up my TB there that is supposedly trying to get home or while your in Seattle with an extra 16hrs you could jump up to Canada and pick up one that is trying to get from there to Washington State. I bet there are hundreds of TBs that you could help get back home by only traveling a few thousand miles more.

Seriously though, I hope you have a great time and surely you will come back with a few stories to place in the "Geocaching Adventures" section. This site is starving for geocaching stories.
dlyle
Very Active Poster

Re: Long distance traveling.

Postby dlyle » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:11 pm

ar_kayaker wrote:I'm going to Japan via Seattle, WA next month. . .

You just gotta hate that. . . Way to take it for the team! :)

dlyle
A man's got to know his limitations. . .
Dirty Harry
OEnavigator
Very Active Poster

Postby OEnavigator » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:15 pm

That is so cool! I've wanted to see Japan since I was little(you should see my bedroom decor). I'm going to try to get a TB before you leave. I"m on the western side of the state though. Is there any way I would be able to send it to you?
If you don't let me I'll call the TSA about a suspicious kayaker who is up to no good and probably carrying a GPSr. :twisted: (just kidding) :P
It's really cool to offer and take tons of photos to post when you return.
You'll have to tell everybody about the vending machines. I heard that you can get anything from a vending machine in Japan!

OEn
ar_kayaker
Top Rank Poster

Postby ar_kayaker » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:00 am

Don't know that I'll be up in the Fort Smith area anytime this month, especially with only two weekend that aren't already tied up.

IF you want to mail it down here drop me a PM and I'll send you my address.
ar_kayaker
Top Rank Poster

Postby ar_kayaker » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:01 pm

Well I only managed to pick up one geocoin that had a current mileage goal before I left, but I have managed to push Dooley's Blue Racer well ahead of the rest of the pack.

I was planning on putting another 6000+ miles on it when I go back stateside and on to Florida next month, but at the request of the owner I am going to try find a cache big enough to leave it in so that it can stay in Japan and continue to travel internationally.

AK
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:39 am

I mailed 5 Arkansas Geocoins to Japan last week but I think they are all going to be turned loose in China.(as best I remember) I didn't think about turning loose an Arkansas geocoin in Japan but I suspect some folks over there would enjoy seeing it and logging it. I spent over 2 1/2 years overseas without ever seeing the States and anything from back home was more then a joy to see. I hope you are finding lots of ways to enjoy your globe hopping adventure and you better be getting in some caching because I'm less then 1,000 away from catching up with you. :)
ar_kayaker
Top Rank Poster

Postby ar_kayaker » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:03 am

Ever had your GPSr and still been lost?

75 feet from the cache and 230 meters to where?

Maybe not lost precisely, but no idea what the signs meant. The maps I had for my GPSr only had main roads, not the side streets and trails.

AK
OEnavigator
Very Active Poster

Postby OEnavigator » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:54 am

賢い人は運ぶ日本語辞書を言う

:lol:
Sorry. Couldn't help myself. The picture is cool. It looks like your having a great time.
dlyle
Very Active Poster

Postby dlyle » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:58 am

ar_kayaker wrote:75 feet from the cache and 230 meters to where?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The sad part about that is I feel that way sometimes in Arkansas when I can read the roadsigns!

dlyle
A man's got to know his limitations. . .

Dirty Harry
BackpacknJack
Host

bad timing??

Postby BackpacknJack » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:04 pm

Is this bad timing or what? At the mouse hunt in Memphis this Saturday I picked up a TB that is trying to get to Japan and here Ar_K was just asking for TBs that anyone wanted to go to Japan. The timing is just toooo funny.

Return to “General Geocaching”