Fizzy Challenge

Those difficult "Challenge Caches" fit nothing else so they deserve a category of their own.
ar_kayaker
Top Rank Poster

Fizzy Challenge

Postby ar_kayaker » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:49 pm

This is one I like and am thinking about putting one here (Arkansas doesn't have one yet.)

To log the cache you have to have found all 81 combinations of cache difficulty and terrain from 1/1 to 5/5, plus among those 81 you have to have at least one of each type (puzzle, multi, event) except for APE and Mega-events because they are too rare (and whereigos because they just strated up.)

AK
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:38 am

FTF on this challenge was "TeamAlamo". They also have 26,742 finds. It's hard for me to figure out which one deserves a gold watch the most, completing the fizzy challenge (their pics are awesome), or passing that 25K mark.:shock: WOW!
If I ever pass the 25 *hundred* mark I'll think I deserve a gold watch - and if I ever pass the 25 *thousand* mark I'll think I deserve a gold cache-mobile. :lol:
ar_kayaker
Top Rank Poster

Postby ar_kayaker » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:01 pm

I hope I can complete the challenge before I reach 25,000 caches because at my current rate of caching that won't be for 75 more years.

If I was willing to walk all over Searcy, Clarksville, and Morrilton I could double my find total in just a few days. Wouldn't even need my GPSr, I could just check out all the fire-hydrants and lamp skirts in town and I'd add several hundered caches a day.

It wouldn't help much for the Fizzy Challenge, though. Some of those cache types are dang hard to come by. There are quite a few terrain/difficult combinations that don't exsist in Arkansas at all. There is even one combination that there are only two of within 500 miles of Little Rock.

I'll get them eventually, but I can't see myself making a special trip to find them. Can you imagine driving 300+ miles out of your way and then maybe coming up with a DNF?

AK

Return to “Challenge Caches”