DeLorme

Those difficult "Challenge Caches" fit nothing else so they deserve a category of their own.
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:12 pm

ar_kayaker wrote:Okay, okay....Looks like you might have to get that coin after all. AK

:D
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:07 am

Any one else want to except this Arkansas Delorme Challenge and "Leave No Page Unturned" on 08-08-08?

Of course this challenge only applies to the present members as of this posting and if you want it mailed to you then you will have to absorb the shipping cost from my hut in the woods to yours. Hand to hand would be free.
PS. I got my coin yesterday (it does take some time) from HOGWILDSTUFF.ORG and I'm very pleased with the over all design and minting details.
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:17 pm

Is anyone going to make this "08-08-08" challenge date?
So far it doesn't look like I'm going to need to take out a loan to buy the coins?
idratherbehiking
New Poster

Postby idratherbehiking » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:47 am

I've got way too many pages left to do and with gas prices the way they are I think it will be 09-09-09 before I get to complete mine.
BackpacknJack
Host

Delorme Geocoin Challenge

Postby BackpacknJack » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:03 am

idratherbehiking wrote:....and with gas prices the way they are I think it will be 09-09-09 before I get to complete mine.

Not to throw salt into an open wound, and I do understand because my gas expense is greater then all my other expenses combined, but what do you think gas will cost at this time next year? I figured this was about the best chance I was going to have to cover the whole state and meet that challenge and if I'm going to make the oldest cache in Georgia for my 700th I better get a move on before gas gets any higher.

I suspect that getting >every county in the State< will have to wait until we get a string of horses set up, sort of like the “Pony Express”, so having enough grass not gas will be our challenge. :wink:

Anyway, this added challenge to get the free coin was just to toss in a little more fun for something that was probably going to be done by most cachers anyway and maybe there will be a 09-09-09 and a 10-10-10 added Delorme Coin challenge - maybe not.

PS. With gas going over $4-$5 +, maybe G.C. needs to start another type of virtual cache where we just sit at home and use the Google Map "Street Level" feature to zoom in on a monument or plaque and answer the questions of what we would have seen if we could have afforded to actually go there. :roll:
JuggoPop
Very Active Poster

Re: Delorme Geocoin Challenge

Postby JuggoPop » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:00 am

BackpacknJack wrote:sit at home and use the Google Map "Street Level" feature to zoom in on a monument or plaque and answer the questions of what we would have seen if we could have afforded to actually go there. :roll:

ha ha ha :lol:
Image Brian
BackpacknJack
Host

Delorme Geocoin Challenge 08-08-08

Postby BackpacknJack » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:24 am

The Delorme Geocoin Challenge 08-08-08 is just 25 days away. If you want this free coin that will come with your own ID, State, and the completion date engraved on it,
---------------------
(my coin)
BackpacknJack
Arkansas
4/24/2008

---------------------
the challenge must be completed on 08-08-08.
You can take a look at this attractive and GC trackable coin at http://www.HOGWILDSTUFF.org

PS. Delivery may take a month or two but according to HogWildStuff, the larger the order, the faster they will get back from the engraver.
ar_kayaker
Top Rank Poster

Doh

Postby ar_kayaker » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:12 pm

You mean I can't go find the last cache until next month? On a Friday?
BackpacknJack
Host

Re: Doh

Postby BackpacknJack » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:17 pm

BackpacknJack wrote:
ar_kayaker wrote:......I'm working on this one myself, but..... AK

OK "A_K", here is a little bit of an added challenge.
:arrow: If you complete the Delorme Challenge on 08-08-08 (Friday Aug 8th) I will order you a "Delorme Challenge Geocoin" engraved with,
[Ar_Kayaker]
[Arkansas]
[08-08-08]
In fact I will even deliver it to you.
:D

------------
BackpacknJack wrote:Any one else want to except this Arkansas Delorme Challenge and "Leave No Page Unturned" on 08-08-08?

Of course this challenge only applies to the present members as of this posting and if you want it mailed to you then you will have to absorb the shipping cost from my hut in the woods to yours. Hand to hand would be free.
PS. I got my coin yesterday (it does take some time) from HOGWILDSTUFF.ORG and I'm very pleased with the over all design and minting details.

-----------
BackpacknJack wrote:…..Anyway, this added challenge to get the free coin was just to toss in a little more fun for something that was probably going to be done by most cachers anyway and maybe there will be a 09-09-09 and a 10-10-10 added Delorme Coin challenge - maybe not……

-----------

ar_kayaker wrote:You mean I can't go find the last cache until next month? On a Friday?

¡Sí sir! 08-08-08 está el próximo mes y es el viernes. :wink:
:lol:
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:25 am

BackpacknJack wrote:Any one else want to except this Arkansas Delorme Challenge and "Leave No Page Unturned" on 08-08-08?

Tic Toc, Tic Toc. :arrow: 08-08-08 :shock:
ar_kayaker
Top Rank Poster

Postby ar_kayaker » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:32 pm

Took a lot of driving around to finish up the last few pages, especially those areas down south I don't normally tavel to, but I finally got one cache on every DeLorme page and finished this one.

Of course one of my main reasons for seeking this cache was that it kept popping up on the first page of my closest unfound caches list and in all the time I've spent roving around the state people have placed so many new caches around town that it's now somewhere on page three or four, but at least it's done, and on 8-8-8!

AK
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:14 pm

ar_kayaker wrote:Took a lot of driving around to finish up the last few pages, especially those areas down south I don't normally tavel to, but I finally got one cache on every DeLorme page and finished this one.

Of course one of my main reasons for seeking this cache was that it kept popping up on the first page of my closest unfound caches list and in all the time I've spent roving around the state people have placed so many new caches around town that it's now somewhere on page three or four, but at least it's done, and on 8-8-8!

AK

I know.:D Congrats a-k:!:
I hope you enjoyed the 08-08-08 Delorme Challenge and I hope you enjoy the coin. Your coin has already been ordered and paid for and the engraving ordered is as listed below.
ar_kayaker
Arkansas
08-08-08

08-08-08 is a pretty cool number (well the Chinese and the Olympians sure think so) and it will look pretty cool huh?)
ar_kayaker
Top Rank Poster

Postby ar_kayaker » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:13 pm

You know? What did you do, go out and read the cache logs late that night?

Now I've got my eye on the Fizzy Challenge and maybe even that blasted ParksCache thing that appears right after I drove all over the south for the Delorme Challenge. If it had already been in place most of the ParksCaches would have covered nearly all the DeLorme needs.

AK
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:23 pm

BackpacknJack wrote:
ar_kayaker wrote:Took a lot of driving around to finish up the last few pages, especially those areas down south I don't normally tavel to, but I finally got one cache on every DeLorme page and finished this one.

AK

I know.:D Congrats a-k:!:
I hope you enjoyed the 08-08-08 Delorme Challenge and I hope you enjoy the coin. Your coin has already been ordered and paid for and the engraving ordered is as listed below.
ar_kayaker
Arkansas
08-08-08

08-08-08 is a pretty cool number (well the Chinese and the Olympians sure think so) and it will look pretty cool huh?)

Your coin arrived this afternoon. :D
The engraving isn't exactly as I ordered ( 08/08/08 ) but is 2008/8/8. I wonder how many other Delorme Challenge geocoins have 2008/8/8 engraved on them? I bet not many if any. :wink:
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:08 pm

On 10-11-2008 "B62GTAWK" left no page unturned and completed the Arkansas Delorme Challenge.
Congrats!!!! :)

Return to “Challenge Caches”