on line indicator button ?

Issues, request, ideals, tips, fixes, etc.
SANCHO

on line indicator button ?

Postby SANCHO » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:27 pm

I am looking for the "on line" indicator button, so i'll know when there are others on line. Anybody got a hint of where to look ? :oops:
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:37 am

"Who is online" can be found between the [forum index] and the [log in] at the bottom of the page.
The ID of any who are signed in will show up there and those viewing the site but not signed in will show up as guest. This template is designed full width, with less scrolling needed to view more post, leaving no room at the sides for a separate list. The header was shrunken to speed the load time and leave room at the top for future features that may be useful.
JuggoPop
Very Active Poster

Postby JuggoPop » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:56 pm

I work in graphic design and web development. I've installed mods on phpBB boards before to show who's online in a thread. It usually is a graphic under their location or the words "online" or "offline" in normal text.

I'd suggest that if anyone still wanted this on the board, we could add a simple 4px x 4px graphic to the right of the user's name. Red for offline, green for online, grey for hidden... this way the image would be very "light" for loading times & at the same time, it wouldn't take up any more room (or expand anything more than it already is)

If you want I can find a page explaining the mod... or i can post the code in this thread and the staff here can install it with ease.

PS. if anyone needs any graphics just give me a shout. (avatars, etc.)
Image Brian

Return to “This Web Site”