FASTER SERVERS

Issues, request, ideals, tips, fixes, etc.
admin
Site Admin

FASTER SERVERS

Postby admin » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:53 pm

Our host "Bluehost" has been constantly improving their service by adding lots of new and faster servers housed just across the street from their offices plus now it seems they are adding a customized accelerator for PHP. Who would have figured you could go even faster then we already have been going???????
----------
A portion of the email about it:
----------
Dear Bluehost.com Customer,

It has been a while since I have personally sent out an email. I apologize for that. Normally, I try to be more informative. I am writing today to announce some great speed improvements that we have made to Bluehost!

Bluehost now supports FastCGI!!

Great - What is it??
Without getting too technical FastCGI is an option in the control panel that you turn on that will allow PHP scripts on our servers to stay in memory and avoid running the PHP interpreter each time a PHP script is run. This greatly reduces server load! Currently enabling FastCGI for your Bluehost account is OPTIONAL. It is NOT enabled by default. You can choose to enable FastCGI by logging into your Cpanel and clicking on the new link titled "FastCGI Acceleration". We have tested FastCGI extensively for several months and have many of our own custom enhancements to make it better in our environment than any other shared host in my opinion! Please take a moment to enable it on your account. The more users enable it, the faster our shared servers will go! (Thanks to Rob Brown for all his custom work to make the FastCGI Bluehost version 10X better than everyone elses!!)...../
Let's listen to one another. Really listen.
Q
Top Rank Poster

Postby Q » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:53 am

Woo hoo Now I can flip pages faster than I can read!!!!

Return to “This Web Site”