Placement Guidelines in Arkansas

Don't call 911. Head for this help station.
admin
Site Admin

Placement Guidelines in Arkansas

Postby admin » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:46 pm

Discussions about placing caches on managed lands in the State of Arkansas. Forms, rules, contact info, etc.
Let's listen to one another. Really listen.
JuggoPop
Very Active Poster

Postby JuggoPop » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:25 am

I see people listing permit numbers etc. for state park hides... can someone explain this process, rules, etc? thanks.
Image Brian
BackpacknJack
Host

Postby BackpacknJack » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:04 am

JuggoPop wrote:I see people listing permit numbers etc. for state park hides... can someone explain this process, rules, etc? thanks.

There is a link to the State Parks in the [downloads and Links] section where you can follow the links to learn about geocaching in the parks but here is a shortcut link to the placement permit in PDF.
> Arkansas State Parks Geo-Permit <
JuggoPop
Very Active Poster

Postby JuggoPop » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:47 am

Thanks a bunch. I'm still learning where all the resources are. Thanks again. 8)
Image Brian
ar_kayaker
Top Rank Poster

Postby ar_kayaker » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:25 pm

I'm not sure the State parks site describes the process, though there is enough information there to fumble through it.

The first step really is to contact the ranger and/or superintendant of the park you want to place a cache in and see if they have any areas they want avoided. Sometimes they will have additional requirements that might not be lined out on the state parks website, or an interpitation of the state parks policy that you wouldn't have thought of. Asking if there are areas to avoid will get that information as well and put you on good terms with them.

Then you select your actual spot with their requirements in mind after which things can vary from one park to the next or even one ranger to the next as they tend to move from park to park. Some want to be there with you when you place it, others just want pictures or even just to know where you put it. I've done it three different ways in the same park at different times.

There really is a lot of discretion in the parks system policy as to how they implement it.

AK

Return to “Geocaching Help Station”